Or: The Big Kahoona of All Traffic Generating Strategies
As much as I do this for a living, I have to say, that at 3 AM this morning when we were still perfecting the CSS, and fixing glitches, that this has been, by far, one of the toughest projects I’ve taken on by far.
It’s a classic case of the Type A personality designing her own showcase.
Much easier designing someone else’s website. My poor, poor developer. I’m sure he’s drinking heavily today.
Not to mention the issue of the plumber with the leaky pipes. Once my blog crashed (for all that are not aware of that, yes, big crash back in early June-thank goodness for Archives and back up) (Got that?) it became apparent that as much as I’d been putting off creating the new site, there was no getting around it now, even with the 3 big projects and 4 new clients I’d recently taken on.
But, whatever! We plunged head in, and this is the result, 2 months later after many a sleepless night and very, very patient developer.
Because My Shiny New Lead Generating Website had To Be:
- good, great fabulous,
- it had to be super duper functional,
- it had to be a lead generating machine
- it couldn’t be obnoxiously so
- it had to keep people on the site
- it had to be easy to navigate
- it had to be focused and not all over the place
- it had to contain fun and really valuable content
- it had to sport some sexy new tools
- it had to grow my email list
- it had to drive conversions
- and most of all, it had to represent me. What I stand for
- Meaning- it had to have a clear message of what I do and how I help people grow their businesses
No pressure…… [Read more...]